I’ve long been a fan of the Tekken series. I remember, many years ago, when I first laid my eyes on a demo of Tekken 2. I didn’t know it at the time, but that was one of the last times I’d ever be able to use one of the most influential characters in the franchises’s history, Jun Kazama. Continue reading
The English Tekken Tag Tournament 2 website has been updated with character bios, and there are some pretty amusing goof ups. The concept of a Lars being from a country named “Karate” or Heihachi’s fighting style actually being called “Heihachi Mishima” are somewhat amusing. Continue reading
Long time Tekken producter Katsuhiro Harada has been extremely vocal over the past year against paid DLC. Harada has spoken up again on the matter and even said something surprising that may eventually result in him choosing to step away from Namco. Check out what he had to say below. Continue reading
Namco revealed four more additional characters that will appear in the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Prototype Jack returns from the original Tekken, Alex returns from Tekken 2, while Forest Law and Tiger Jackson return from Tekken 3. Continue reading
A new trailer has been revealed for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. There’s a slight problem though… it’s in Japanese. Despite this fact, those of us who aren’t Japanese can still pick out some interesting facts from the following trailer.
So what does the new trailer highlight?
- Customization: Though we already knew that it was in long ago, the trailer showcases a little bit of the customization menu in the game.
- Fight Lab: The cool character building/training mode starring Combot is shown off a bit in the trailer.
- Forest Law?: Marshall’s son is a possible console exclusive character due to Marshall’s name appearing as Marshall Law during fights rather than just Law.
- Game Modes: Arcade Battle, Ghost Battle, Survival, Team Battle, and Time Attack are all in the game in addition to the obvious Practice and Versus game modes.
- Online Features: Leaderboards, Player Match, Ranked Match, Tekken Channel and World Arena make up the online mode of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
A new English trailer will probably appear soon as well (hopefully showing off the other unrevealed console exclusive characters), so keep your eyes peeled!
Thinking about picking up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in September? Well, here’s a bit of good news. A few online and physical retailers have revealed what DLC characters you can get early for preordering Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Check them out below. Also do note that the DLC characters for this game are not exclusives and will be available for free approximately 2-3 months after the game is released.
Shop.to: Angel, Michelle.
Zavvi: Kunimitsu, Ogre.
Amazon (USA): Angel, Michelle.
Amazon.ca (Canada): Nothing announced yet.
Best Buy: Angel, Michelle.
Gamestop: Angel, Kunimitsu, Michelle, Ogre.
I will add more retailers to the above list as they are announced. Last updated May 25, 2012.